Yoga is practiced all over the world as a means of physical health and fitness, of mental strength, and well being for your body, your mind, and your spirit.
Hatha Yoga includes:
Breathing Practices to help still the mind, slow down the body while increasing your energy levels; Postures and Body Movement to develop strength and stamina, to increase our flexibility and to improve our balance and coordination; Deep Relaxation to alleviate tension and stress while inducing calmness and inner peace, leaving one refreshed and with greater awareness which can offer insight into long standing physical and emotional conditions.
At ABT Yoga, the focus of our teaching recognizes that we are all different. We teach so the needs of our students are taken into account, and though Yoga may be challenging to us in many ways, at ABT Yoga we foster an atmosphere of acceptance, support and friendly faces.
Nourish Your Soul, Build Strength, Gain Flexibility, Breathe Easy.
ABT Yoga is hosting Kim Valeri's yogaspirit® 200 hour Yoga Teacher
Certification Program. click here for more information on the program or Phone: 978.927.0099
Next program begins September, 12th, 2013.
Yoga Teacher Training Open Houses
Tuesday, July 16th 7:30PM
Thursday, August 1st 6PM
Saturday, August 10th 5:30PM
Learn "How to Become a yogaspirit® Certified Teacher." The 200 hour teacher training certification is a comprehensive yoga immersion that leads to professional development as a yoga teacher and student. Come and learn more information about how to achieve a rewarding career, full or part-time, or simply deepen and enrich your own personal practice of yoga.
Heal your life, help others and have fun.
- Beginners welcome ... a mixed level class incorporating Yoga postures, movement with breath awareness and a deep relaxation...Everyone is welcome!
- Detailed instruction and/or demonstration is given, as well as how to modify for your individual needs.
- A mixed level Hatha Class, warming the body, and stimulating the mind.
- A great start to the day....
- Rejuvenate yourself, soothing, and relaxing.
- Safe and slow, a foundation practice.
- Suitable for those with injuries, it may still be a challenge, but in a way that is effective and fun.
- For the more experienced.
- A continuous practice is normally a prerequisite.
(Please phone if you have any questions.)
- Intermediate means a number of things, including challenging and/or subtler practices. May also include more difficult postures, dynamic movement or extended holding of postures, pranayama (breathing practices) and the use of sound or chanting.
- A flow of poses and movement with focus on safety and alignment, while building strength & stamina.
- Some yoga experience is necessary.
Meditation & Community
- Beginners welcome .... gentle movement with breath awareness.
- Learn the pricinples of Meditation, enjoy the energy of meditating with a group.
- Explore, experience and share.
Community Yoga Class for HAWC (Help for Abused Women and their Children - Now known as Healing Abuse Working for Change.)
- A series of yoga poses are held to relieve the effects of common stress.
Stimulates and soothes the body as you relax and renew the mind and emotions.
No Yoga experience is necessary.
- A mixed level class, suitable for all...
- A class for the purpose of raising awareness and adding to the community by donating all proceeds to HAWC. http://www.helpabusedwomen.org/
- All proceeds go HAWC, over $22,000 raised since 2007 (refer to pricing for details)
Private Yoga Instruction
- For those that have special health concerns and injuries. Chronic pain, general muscle/joint pain and immobility (neck and back), asthma, arthritis, sports training, cancer recovery, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue are some examples of health conditions we have worked with.
- Students who wish to become more confident before joining a group class are invited to experience the one-on-one attention that can lead to you feeling and sleeping better with reductions in stress and tension.
- For those who want to develop and deepen a home practice or wish to add to their studio time, some private sessions are encouraged.
On-Site Corporate Instruction
- Generally a class designed to be gentle and relaxing, and is provided at corporate worksites.
- Purpose is to reduce stress for employees, as well as improve focus and overall health.
- Size of class dependent on room size offered.